Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Why do bad dreams linger?

Its about 5:30am here, and I've just gotten up from one of those unpleasant dreams we all get now and then. I'm just wondering, even after we get up, why do these bad dreams hang around? For about 10-15 minutes after waking up I've been left with this awful feeling and I've had to put on some insanely happy music to try to get rid of it (its working). I wish dreams would just end when you woke up. But for some reason the memory of dreams lingers for a while afterwards. Its like the brain wont immediately accept that it was 'just a dream'. I dunno.

Posted by illogicist at 9:51 PM

6 Comments

  1. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 3/16/2006 02:02:00 AM  
    Tell me about it! I've had horrible dreams for the past couple of days, and they're still in my mind.. I wake up really upset..

    SoMe1
  2. Blogger NiGhTFaCe posted at 3/16/2006 01:13:00 PM  
    I hardly remember my dreams & most of the time they make nosense!
  3. Blogger Luisa posted at 3/16/2006 09:35:00 PM  
    what did you eat last night
  4. Blogger Samyah posted at 3/17/2006 01:02:00 AM  
    Happens to me almost 4 times a week, bad or good.. it has to linger and bascially shapes the beginning of my day.
  5. Blogger illogicist posted at 3/17/2006 01:46:00 PM  
    What did I eat? I dont remember, but I usually eat the same things, so I dont think its food...My dreams make no sense either...the other night I dreamt I was kidnapped by my housemate in a beautiful Jaguar, and the Queen of Belgium (or was it Denmark? Damn its fading...) was hitting on me. She was really beautiful.

    I dont actually dream much to be honest - but when I do its something strange.
  6. Blogger Luisa posted at 3/17/2006 10:49:00 PM  
    lack of sex

Post a Comment

« Home

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Just another blogger, interested in everything, committed to nothing.



Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

  • Samyah
  • Leen
  • Muscati & Wife
  • A Woman In Black
  • Lym
  • Tia
  • Libellula
  • Soul Rebel
  • Fatamo
  • Noora
  • Kay
  • PizzaQueen
  • --------------------------
  • Blogarama
  • iopBlogs.com, The World's Blog Aggregator
  • Academics Blog Top Sites
  • Blog Flux Directory
  • Blog Directory - Add Link
  • Blog Directory - Add Link

    Locations of visitors to this page