Thursday, February 23, 2006

Its Snowing!

...at least I think it is. Either that or someone ripped open a great big pillow in the sky. Its getting heavier, but I dont think it'll be enough to settle, just enough to blow into my eyes when Im walking home. But it doesnt matter - its SNOW! =D It snows about once a year in my area, and I really thought it wasnt going to snow this year. Its quite late, and the weather was warming up, so I thought the winter was ending. But suddenly this week it got realllly cold, and now...snow!

I hope it snows enough to settle. I wanna throw a few snowballs - they can be surprisingly painful. Snow is fun, and its the only time when its actually okay for the weather to be cold.

Viva La Snow!

EDIT: apparently its raining cats, dogs and rhinos in Oman. What a day today is. All the kids in Oman will be jumping in puddles and, if it snows enough, swimming in construction ditches (yep, they do that, its really dangerous). All the dudes will take their Camaros and Mustangs and Ford Focuses and be doing donuts and skids and stuff at that famous turn in Al-Khuwair - what I like to call the Tiannenen Square of Oman - because every one in a while the kids there like to taunt the police.

I wonder how many accidents there'll be on the roads of Oman today?

PS the snow here is getting heavier. Maybe I'll get to make some snowballs after all.
PPS running around in the snow without a shirt is ALWAYS a bad idea, as I have just discovered. Never accept stupid dares folks.

Posted by illogicist at 2:24 AM

11 Comments

  1. Blogger Samyah posted at 2/23/2006 07:27:00 AM  
    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
  2. Blogger Samyah posted at 2/23/2006 08:05:00 AM  
    You ran around in the snow shirtless? LOL! Someone should've videotaped that :p

    Speaking of rain, would you believe it hasnt stopped yet? Been at it all day. Weather sites say it might stay like this till tomorrow. There already have been some accidents, we keep hearing ambulence sirens go past and at one point mom & bro caught sight of a helicopter lifting some people up not far from us!

    I think its a blessing Oman doesn't get so much rain now :os
  3. Blogger illogicist posted at 2/23/2006 09:16:00 AM  
    I didnt 'run around' it was a dare :p

    Sucks about the ambulances and that...I didnt know ambulances actually operated on Oman's roads. It stopped snowing here for a couple hours then started again, but its annoying. Everything just gets wet, it doesnt build up.

    Its kinda worrying thats its been raining the whole time, and its still raining. Try not to go out, it'll be pretty dangerous with those mad people everywhere. Cant understand why people just cant drive SAFELY in the rain :s idiots.

    I remember when I went to Oman in winter, it rained pretty heavily once. That was actually the day I was supposed to meet some sabla members :p I think I ended up being like an hour late.
  4. Blogger Lym posted at 2/23/2006 02:21:00 PM  
    I hope it doesn't rain tomorrow, so I could fly away from Oman :blush:

    I hate rain. The electricity switches off , you can't go out and have fun outside, and you dirty yourself when you fall in puddles of water and mud.

    Argh. Now the ACs don't work!
  5. Blogger NiGhTFaCe posted at 2/23/2006 04:07:00 PM  
    The turn in Al Khuwair is an opened way now, the guys can do nothing there.


    Just woke up, feeling hungry & I cant go out to get anything because of the rain :S
  6. Blogger illogicist posted at 2/23/2006 04:34:00 PM  
    @LYM: by the time u read this i think you'll be back in Oz. So have a safe flight!

    @NF: Oh, I heard they built a road but never saw it. Is there anywhere else to go to do that stuff? PS were u there last winter when Oman got into that Gulf Cup final and all the guys were doin that stuff and the police came? :D
  7. Blogger Luisa posted at 2/24/2006 01:50:00 AM  
    the British guy in the flat above me, started screaming is raining and took pictures
    lol
  8. Blogger Lym posted at 2/24/2006 11:40:00 AM  
    Guess what. I am not in Ozzie.
    I am stranded in Dubai , hating the situation. The people here think I am not Khaleejiya cause they keep questioning my ethnic background-when I stand in GCC lines. I might have to sleep in Brunei for a night because my flight was delayed for 3 hours!

    I hate this!!!!!
  9. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 2/24/2006 01:12:00 PM  
    Don't know where you're at,
    but it's been a great winter out here and out of no where it snow-stormed last weekend and I simply hate it.
    My ear lobe froze this morning
  10. Blogger illogicist posted at 2/24/2006 02:44:00 PM  
    hey leen, Im in the south, in Southampton. I think snow is the only excuse for winter - without snow, I dont want it. Btw, I checked out your blog, its pretty cool.

    @PQ: you'd think that cause hes british he wouldnt be so excited about rain! :D I guess hes Omanized!

    @lym: that sucks, let us know on ur blog about ur flight in its entirety when u get there...
  11. Blogger NiGhTFaCe posted at 2/24/2006 03:01:00 PM  
    Illogicist, you should check the new road, a way to speed. But, be careful!


    No, I wasnt there.

Post a Comment

« Home

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Just another blogger, interested in everything, committed to nothing.



Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

  • Samyah
  • Leen
  • Muscati & Wife
  • A Woman In Black
  • Lym
  • Tia
  • Libellula
  • Soul Rebel
  • Fatamo
  • Noora
  • Kay
  • PizzaQueen
  • --------------------------
  • Blogarama
  • iopBlogs.com, The World's Blog Aggregator
  • Academics Blog Top Sites
  • Blog Flux Directory
  • Blog Directory - Add Link
  • Blog Directory - Add Link

    Locations of visitors to this page