Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Hey Bobby, Whats French For Va Va Mania?

I'd guess that football is the most loved sport in the world - and who can blame us for loving it. Monstrous, overpaid, sweaty playboys running around a carefully manicured pitch kicking around a ball with about as much brains as they have collectively. But nevermind that, its an amazing game, and fun to watch.

Not just fun to watch, fun as hell to watch. I can sit down and watch two teams I've never heard of kick the ball around, and enjoy it, unless they really really suck. When it gets to top class football, well, call me secretary, tell her to cancel all appointments. This is an emergency.

Seriously though, I'm not the only one. See I dont really follow any main football leagues. Sure, I support a few times, casually. I dont know all their players, and I cant match a lot of faces to names to numbers. I usually miss most games (if they are important I try to watch them, if I can). I dont really plan to watch many games. But if a game's on the telly, Im hooked. Theres something about watching football which is just magical. It really is, it gets you hooked, and in my case I get really, really into pretty much any game I watch.

Any year in which the World Cup is being held guarantees to be a blast. Aside from all the Club stuff, you have a crescendo of tension and excitement, leading to the zenith, which is the World Cup itself. You wont catch me missing a World Cup game, regardless of whos playing, unless both my legs are broken. Its THAT important. And theres more too, especially with the WC. They say football causes too many problems, with fans fighting, etc. But I dont know; I like to think it brings us together. When you're all sitting in a cafe together in the middle of the summer, in Oman anyway, and about 30 or 40 strangers are supporting your team with you, its electric. When your team scores, everyone celebrates, and somebody on a normal day you'd ignore, you might even hate, you'll turn and smile at. Its something.

Any football fan would know what I'm talking about! Forza La Footy!

Posted by illogicist at 12:28 AM

4 Comments

  1. Blogger Arabian Princess posted at 2/22/2006 01:14:00 AM  
    I admit I also get all excited and happy .. but it has to be Oman playing on it .. otherwise I would'nt really care ..

    but lool my 13 years old bro is fun to watch when there is a football game on tv, he would scream .. shout and even cry if the team he is supporting is playing badly :D
  2. Blogger NiGhTFaCe posted at 2/22/2006 04:00:00 AM  
    Arabian Princess, dont miss the match this night.


    Illogicist, you should talk about football more often.
  3. Blogger illogicist posted at 2/23/2006 02:54:00 AM  
    @AP: Oman lost yesterday 1-0 unfortunately :(. I was talking to my emarati friend, telling him how we're STILL the better team though. And yeah, when I was younger, I would get SO into games. I still do, but a bit less...not like ur brother :p

    @NF: what did u think of yesterdays match? I think the first half was kinda boring as both teams were sort of afraid to create chances. Second half really waas awesome from the start. Chelsea started well, and eventually scored (even if it was an own goal). When Barca scored I was so happy, and when i saw the replay and saw it was another own goal, I was laughing so hard, I just couldnt stop. Even when everyone else had stopped cheering and laughing I was still laughing :p The minutes 70-80 were PURE MAGIC, with Barca having like 4 or 5 really close chances, it was something amazing. And then that 2nd goal was class, pure class.

    Amazing game, and the scoreline that I predicted ;)
  4. Blogger NiGhTFaCe posted at 2/24/2006 02:54:00 PM  
    We sucked!

    About Barcelona VS Chelsea, that game was something, I couldnt believe Barcelona was doing the magic in that crappy field.

    Lets hope Barcelona will qualify, I am afraid of what happened last year, Barcelona won Chelsea the 1st match then Chelsea killed Barcelona in Camp Nou.

Post a Comment

« Home

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Just another blogger, interested in everything, committed to nothing.



Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

  • Samyah
  • Leen
  • Muscati & Wife
  • A Woman In Black
  • Lym
  • Tia
  • Libellula
  • Soul Rebel
  • Fatamo
  • Noora
  • Kay
  • PizzaQueen
  • --------------------------
  • Blogarama
  • iopBlogs.com, The World's Blog Aggregator
  • Academics Blog Top Sites
  • Blog Flux Directory
  • Blog Directory - Add Link
  • Blog Directory - Add Link

    Locations of visitors to this page