Sunday, January 01, 2006

Public Service Announcement | Traffic!

I've made it so that anyone can post here, not just registered members. Theres still the word verification, though.

Traffic has been such a pain these past 2 days. Yesterday was the rain: took me an hour to get somewhere it normally takes 15 minutes. Today was Baba Qaboos moving from one place to another. I ain't complainin': a brutha's gotta get places, and plus it rarely happens. What bugs me is the horrible behaviour of other drivers. People using hard shoulders, bad driving, staring when theres an accident, etc. It all slows down the road, and stresses us all out. Yesterday there was this absolutely mad guy driving this 18 wheeler on the highway. This retard was acting like he was driving a Porsche: powering down the highway, overtaking from the right, zipping between lanes: he almost freakin killed me. People who drive on the hard shoulder: We're ALL in a hurry dammit. We ALL need to get places. Just be patient. Driving on the hardshoulder slows everyone down cause it creates bottlenecks. Plus, it blocks the roads when an ambulance or a police car is trying to get thru: like what happened yesterday. Jeez, seriously, having bad drivers around takes all the fun out of driving...

Posted by illogicist at 1:11 PM

6 Comments

  1. Blogger NiGhTFaCe posted at 1/01/2006 01:54:00 PM  
    I hate it when the road is not moving! I really hate it!
  2. Blogger Arabian Princess posted at 1/01/2006 11:49:00 PM  
    I hate those kind of drivers who take the sholder lane .. everyone wants to get into thier destination so what makes them so importnant to take the sholder lane!!!!

    I try to be evil when this happen and not allow them to pass through me! but its not always easy :p
  3. Blogger Lym posted at 1/02/2006 12:56:00 PM  
    I don't understand why His Majesty does not travel with a helicopter ? I mean , it is not convenient for people that the roads are blocked!
  4. Blogger illogicist posted at 1/03/2006 12:18:00 AM  
    @ap: I know what you mean, blocking off the shoulder lane :D but then people start honking and stuff, and I just figure its not worth the stress, personally.

    @NF: tell me about it, and it sucks when people start staring at you and everything. Seriously! :s

    @Lym: I'm not sure either..I'm sure theres reasons though. Maybe someone else can answer better! But I think with helicopters u need landing pads and stuff, and i dunno if theyre everywhere
  5. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 1/06/2006 01:04:00 PM  
    Speaking of Traffic! ... just try to check it here in Dubai !! totally killing ..

    And those drivers who think the road is only for them make me get mad sometimes ... and just watch me when am mad and driving :P
  6. Blogger illogicist posted at 1/07/2006 01:05:00 AM  
    lol, I'd think Dubai is one big traffic jam EVERYday! :D God help you!
    I get pretty angry when driving as well...I know I shouldnt, it achieves nothing except raising ur blood pressure, but I cant help it.

Post a Comment

« Home

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Just another blogger, interested in everything, committed to nothing.



Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

  • Samyah
  • Leen
  • Muscati & Wife
  • A Woman In Black
  • Lym
  • Tia
  • Libellula
  • Soul Rebel
  • Fatamo
  • Noora
  • Kay
  • PizzaQueen
  • --------------------------
  • Blogarama
  • iopBlogs.com, The World's Blog Aggregator
  • Academics Blog Top Sites
  • Blog Flux Directory
  • Blog Directory - Add Link
  • Blog Directory - Add Link

    Locations of visitors to this page