Saturday, December 31, 2005

The New Year

NP - O-Hum - Hafez In Love

First of all, happy new year everyone. Second of all, who cares. I remember when we were younger - say 15, 16, life was so different. We made such a big deal of 'adult' things. Cool people smoked shisha. Cool people had ciggies. Cool people went to new year parties.

Now its so different. Now we're all sick of shisha - its far overrated. The ones who smoke wish they never picked it up, and the ones who are all into new year parties complain about how boring they are, and how they just aren't in the mood.

I've never been a party-goer. One, its just not me, two, paying 60 rials to get into the Hyatt for some party I dont give two shites about seems a little mad to me. Seriously, whats the point. I know you've heard it all before, but tomorrow will be just another day. Its just an excuse to party, and these days nobody I know can be bothered.

But! For the first time, I'm thinking of making resolutions this year. Not changes really, just things I want to do. Like tour Europe, or learn horse-riding and that. Just to remind myself of these things I guess. I wont write them now though, prob in the first few days of next year (which is an hour away right now).

Hmm. I guess it would be worth thinking back on the year. It was without a doubt my most difficult year to date. For some reason my mind tends to think of years as academic years, so when I think back to, say, April or May, I feel like its 'last year'. Anyway. First year of uni finished this year, with two absolutely insane exam periods. I had to grow up quick and start to take care of myself. Gained a lot of independence, and went through some intense personal issues. Halfway through my 2nd year of uni now (which is actually 3rd year, if you're thinking the US system - the UK system has a grade 13 which is equivalent to 1st year uni...so I'm a 3rd year basically - one more year to go), and the workload is absolutely nuts. Its fun, but insane. Maybe its me thats insane, who knows. Maybe 2005 was the year that I lost my mind. If thats the case, then 2006 will be the year that I lose my soul.



I can't wait! Happy New Year all! :D

Posted by illogicist at 10:53 AM

6 Comments

  1. Blogger Samyah posted at 12/31/2005 12:09:00 PM  
    Happy New Year Z.. I didn't read the whole post yet cos I wanted to get this in asap!
  2. Blogger Rhubarb posted at 12/31/2005 12:18:00 PM  
    Please don't lose your soul! It's really worth keeping from what I've seen. Happy new year mate.
  3. Blogger Luisa posted at 12/31/2005 01:17:00 PM  
    Happy 2006 !!!
  4. Blogger Lym posted at 12/31/2005 02:21:00 PM  
    2006 sounds like the Devil for attempting/planning to steal your soul :p

    Happy New Year.
  5. Blogger NiGhTFaCe posted at 12/31/2005 02:33:00 PM  
    Happy New Year :)


    I agree with some of the points you have mentioned there!
  6. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 1/01/2006 08:41:00 AM  
    Happy New Year and Inshallah 2006 would be the year of achievement for you ...

    Best ot luck

Post a Comment

« Home

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Just another blogger, interested in everything, committed to nothing.



Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

  • Samyah
  • Leen
  • Muscati & Wife
  • A Woman In Black
  • Lym
  • Tia
  • Libellula
  • Soul Rebel
  • Fatamo
  • Noora
  • Kay
  • PizzaQueen
  • --------------------------
  • Blogarama
  • iopBlogs.com, The World's Blog Aggregator
  • Academics Blog Top Sites
  • Blog Flux Directory
  • Blog Directory - Add Link
  • Blog Directory - Add Link

    Locations of visitors to this page