Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Italia! Germania!

Sleepless Night! I was supposed to watch the game downstairs, but those *ahem* scrambled the channels. So I had to follow the game on BBC. Tried to get it streaming - first off CCTV, which wasnt such a success (but the commentators were hilarious). Then off ESPN...which was okay for a while, but kept cutting. And the commentators were annoying as hell. So I just followed the updating scoreboard on the BBC website. 90 minutes, no change. Screw this, I said, Im going to sleep.

I couldnt sleep all night. I was tossing and turning, and the words Italia and Germania kept repeating in my head. In between being awake and asleep I would 'dream' of people telling me the score...7-1, Italy wins on penalties. 7-1 on penalties? How is that possible? I read it in the paper, my sister says, 7-1. Wait a second, how could you read it in the paper, its still 3am...the online paper! Oh. But no, thats not right...you're part of my dream! And so it continued till about 9am. At 9am enough was enough, and I came online to check it. 2-0 Italia, with two apparently miraculous goals one minute from the end of extra time. Wow! Italy seem to keep scraping through - Australia and now Germany. Im glad Italy won, it makes it more interesting, because despite the fact they're a strong team, nobody expected them to beat Germany. But now I hope France get into the final and beat them. Im not a big supporter of any team left in this, but I admire the French team somewhat. I guess I'll be going for them.

Posted by illogicist at 5:46 AM

7 Comments

  1. Blogger Noors posted at 7/05/2006 05:56:00 AM  
    There's this channel that we get called EIN, I think, you should try and find it in your arabsat and see if it's there. My mom and I were watching the game on it last night.

    It was such a surprise when Italy scored twice in the last minute of the game. lol
  2. Blogger muscati posted at 7/05/2006 09:46:00 AM  
    Dude, like Noors said, you can watch the semi-finals and the final all on ART's free channel Ein ART.
  3. Blogger illogicist posted at 7/05/2006 02:25:00 PM  
    Now you all tell me. Now. Guh.

    I might watch 3rd and 4th place on it, but for the final no way. I need atmosphere. I need somewhere with people other than my dad. Im thinking of going to Qurum park with 6499 other people - that might be fun. We'll see.
  4. Blogger muscati posted at 7/06/2006 04:08:00 AM  
    I watched the France - Porto game last night at home on the free channel and it sucked. I honestly can't tell if it was a good match or not because I just couldn't get in sync with the peace and quiet at home after having seen all the previous games in loud crowded places, especially Kargeen.
  5. Blogger Noors posted at 7/06/2006 02:02:00 PM  
    I didn't even bother watching it to be honest!
  6. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 7/07/2006 12:47:00 AM  
    you can watch it with me peepee, will make you atmosphere :p
    but on art arabic, english sAx

    amo
  7. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 7/07/2006 12:49:00 AM  
    why cant i post as blogger

    amo

Post a Comment

« Home

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Just another blogger, interested in everything, committed to nothing.



Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

  • Samyah
  • Leen
  • Muscati & Wife
  • A Woman In Black
  • Lym
  • Tia
  • Libellula
  • Soul Rebel
  • Fatamo
  • Noora
  • Kay
  • PizzaQueen
  • --------------------------
  • Blogarama
  • iopBlogs.com, The World's Blog Aggregator
  • Academics Blog Top Sites
  • Blog Flux Directory
  • Blog Directory - Add Link
  • Blog Directory - Add Link

    Locations of visitors to this page