Wednesday, June 07, 2006

...the world's still here?

Now Blastin': Tupac - Hit Em Up

I've been in a stupor for the past 4 weeks and I've only just woken up. The world was supposed to end yesterday - but I'm still here. Why? Was I left behind? Did armageddon forget about me? ... thats kinda cool.

The world's still here. Somehow I'm still here too. Those last four weeks were hell, thats exam time for you. Its supposed to get easier...when you get better at the whole study thang, but apparently not. I've never worked harder - even though they said last semester would be harder than this one...news flash: you were wrong, people!

Yesterday was the sixth of the sixth, two oh oh six. Had my last exam yesterday, and boy, what a day to finish. Sun shining, everyone out on the grass chillin out, ice cream truck goin around. People walking out of the pub with ice chilled beer pitchers (Im not a beer person, but its just a sign of the summer in this part of the world - you cant really hate it, not when you've just stepped out of your last exam and know that for the next four months, you have no master).

I stayed up till about 4:30am last night staring at the walls, and it was heaven. 4:30 probably isnt that last for a lot of you, but for me, I sleep at about 1:30am when I have no studies or anything. Exam time, I sleep around 10:30-11:00pm. Which is funny - I got to the point where I liked exam days, because it meant I could sleep in. Yup! Most people have to wake up early for exams. But on non-exam days in the last 4 weeks I would be waking up at 6:55am, to be in the library at 8:30am. Exam day, I can wake up at 7:30 for a 9:30am exam. Thats an extra 35 minutes!

I was very irritable too during exam time. I think I'm okay with stress, and by that I mean that I dont usually freeze up in the face of exams and that. I wont sit in the corner and hold myself, crying. I think because I can be a very angry person, I prefer to to hit them exams back. So yeah, I get the work done. But I let out the stress of the people around me :p Had a lot of problems with my housemates. When you're under stress and someone annoys you, you hate everything about them. You hate their face, you hate their voice, you hate their smell, you hate their food, you hate the mess they leave behind them...you even hate the sound of their footsteps. And if you live with them, it leads to problems. But yeah, we've all finished now, so no problems...for now anyway.

Todays the 7th. Wore my new shirt, my new watch (its like eid! :p), went to town. Awesome day, a day for shades...so I wore my shades :p. On the bus bumped into a Malaysian acquaintance whose name I dont know. Had a chat with him, found out hes getting married this summer. Hes getting married to a girl whos studying medicine here! And I know my ex-flatmate (Malaysian dude from last year) is getting married sometime soon as well. Malaysian people are awesome, they get married young - and the thing is, they look even younger than they are! This guy is 22, he looks about 18. When he said he was getting married, my jaw hit the floor. I was so happy for him, and I dont even know him (all I know is that hes a great guitarist, we jammed once).

Everyone here has gone super patriotic, its kinda cute. This is why the world cup is awesome, it brings people together. Everyone is wearing England shirts, even the Chinese students here, its so cool. The only problems arise when you get drunken hooligans getting violent. But thats the minority. Football really is the beautiful game, and this should be a great World Cup.

Another year's gone by, and what a year its been...no no no. Not this blog post. I'll do this blog post a little while before I go back home for the summer...I'm not really looking forward to it, but hey its gotta be done right?

Posted by illogicist at 6:49 AM

4 Comments

  1. Blogger Abdullah Al-Bahrani posted at 6/07/2006 08:12:00 PM  
    Congrats. Now you have all the time in the world to watch the WC.
  2. Blogger Samyah posted at 6/08/2006 08:52:00 PM  
    Great update! And mabrook on the beginning of a long, free summer. I hope it turns out fun for you ;)

    How did the new watch look btw?
  3. Blogger Nash posted at 6/09/2006 06:34:00 AM  
    Congratulation, enjoy your break now
  4. Blogger illogicist posted at 6/10/2006 12:56:00 AM  
    Thanks guys, hopefully I will. Unfortunately right now I'm bogged down with packing my stuff and trying to watch 3 world cup games a day at the same time, but I should manage to get it all done. No certainty this summer in terms of plans - will I laze at home for 3 months, will i work for a few weeks, will I visit a friend in another country...etc. Nothing is clear which sucks. But who cares right? Its the summer :D

Post a Comment

« Home

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Just another blogger, interested in everything, committed to nothing.



Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

  • Samyah
  • Leen
  • Muscati & Wife
  • A Woman In Black
  • Lym
  • Tia
  • Libellula
  • Soul Rebel
  • Fatamo
  • Noora
  • Kay
  • PizzaQueen
  • --------------------------
  • Blogarama
  • iopBlogs.com, The World's Blog Aggregator
  • Academics Blog Top Sites
  • Blog Flux Directory
  • Blog Directory - Add Link
  • Blog Directory - Add Link

    Locations of visitors to this page