Monday, May 22, 2006

Countdown to Doomsday

NP - Andy Timmons - All Is Forgiven

I have 7 days.

Today was interesting. I dont know if it was the oranges I ate in the morning or what, but I actually managed to be pretty productive today. I was in the library from 9am till 8pm - save 2 hours of lectures (yes, its the last week of term and we still have lectures), half an hour for lunch, and 1.5 hours at the gym. Thats pretty good by my standards. And it was a weird day too - I felt...different. Confident, happy. So strange. I hate exam periods, they miss with your mind. Im like a pregnant woman or something right now...scary thought.

I have faith in my immune system. My and my ol' buddy have been through some pretty testing times. But through careful training, I have built him up into a formidable ally (careful training = an unhealthy childhood obsession with shawerma - hey if you can digest one of those you can digest pretty much anything). So I was confident enough to do something today I probably shouldnt have done. Yesterday while at the supermarche I bought this microwave fish with cheese thingy - it was cheap. About to reach its eat by date. So I bought it. I didnt cook it that day though, I cooked it today. When I pulled it out of the microwave, it was bubbling - and the cheese looked weird. All patchy and that...like milk gone off. I smelled it, but it smelled fine. I was like OK I shouldnt eat this...but its been a tiring day and I need PROTEIN. But wont it fudge with my stomach?

Its okay dude, your immune system is a beast - nothing can mess with it. Those stomach acids will attack and kill any hostile food substance. So I ate it.

I'll need to wait till tomorrow to see if I was right. But if I'm not back in the next few days...well. Blame the cheese.

Posted by illogicist at 2:19 PM

4 Comments

  1. Blogger Samyah posted at 5/22/2006 05:48:00 PM  
    Yeah ure right about the pregnant woman thing..

    No I'm kidding lol, you're fine!!

    --

    I can't believe you ate that.. I'm a health nut here, I wont touch anything that is remotely greasy or does not have nutrients in it. And I'd never buy something I need to cook in the microwave.
  2. Blogger Lym posted at 5/24/2006 08:01:00 AM  
    Okay, I waited for a day or two before commenting:

    So how's your stomach? I hope you didn't spend the entire day in the bathroom. *Opps*
  3. Blogger illogicist posted at 5/24/2006 02:57:00 PM  
    Well Samyah, when times are tough, compromises must be made! Good news is today I found a place close where they sell my favourite Granny Smith green apples...so thats a plus.

    lym: nope, i told you you dont listen, my stomach is a champ! The next morning I had minor pains for a few minutes, but that was it. My stomach is ace.
  4. Blogger Lym posted at 5/24/2006 07:41:00 PM  
    Mash Allah, 3ad il 7asad :p


    lol

Post a Comment

« Home

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Just another blogger, interested in everything, committed to nothing.



Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

  • Samyah
  • Leen
  • Muscati & Wife
  • A Woman In Black
  • Lym
  • Tia
  • Libellula
  • Soul Rebel
  • Fatamo
  • Noora
  • Kay
  • PizzaQueen
  • --------------------------
  • Blogarama
  • iopBlogs.com, The World's Blog Aggregator
  • Academics Blog Top Sites
  • Blog Flux Directory
  • Blog Directory - Add Link
  • Blog Directory - Add Link

    Locations of visitors to this page