Sunday, April 30, 2006

Another Minor Miracle

I believe my life is full of minor miracles. Little things that happen to all of us I reckon. Most of us put it down to...well, life, but I like to thing its the interference of a higher power in my life :p. Its more interesting that way.

I usually leave my gym clothes in the prayer room - it saves me having to haul them to campus every day. They went missing one day. Anyway, I was in the library today studying, and was gettin ready to leave. I was checking the score of a football game, where I wanted a particular team to lose (Tottenham - I hate em). On my way home, I decided you know what, its prayer time, ill pray in the prayer room instead of at home. I was pretty tired, but I went anyway. I had just missed prayer, but there was still a congregation, and some guy talking to them. I finished praying and figured I'd leave, but decided not to, I'd listen for a bit. Only respectful after all, even though Im not the kind of guy who really appreciates khutbas.

So I sat and I listened, and it was quite cool. The guy told this story about a group of girls from my uni who heard about this island that nobody is allowed to live on, because its a nature reserve, just off the coast of the UK somewhere. These girls decided they wanted to be the first to go to this island and do the athaan there (whether they were or not I cant say). So they went and they prayed 2 rukaas, and while they were praying loads and loads of peacocks appeared and surrounded them and watched them. He said he has a picture, and it was very beautiful.

Surely thats one of those small things, but its quite a nice thought. He concluded by talking about how Islam spread to the Malaysia and Indonesia and parts of Africa not through the sword, but by muslims going and spreading Islam peacefully. And that we should follow that example. It was good stuff.

Then he said that they were clearing out the prayer room (lots of junk) and that if the brothers could stay and help that would be good. I remembered my bag with my gym stuff, and went to ask about it. I looked around, and I found it XD muahahaaa, it was awesome. My spirits were lifted, and I helped out with moving the stuff (even though I intially didnt want to). I just find it interesting that, had I not gone to pray, and had I not decided to stay to listen, I would have lost my gym stuff forever. I was planning on going home now, but now that I have my stuff and Im in good spirits, im going to the gym. Good stuff eh.

PS - Unfortunately, Allah was not so generous as to grant me the final thing that I wanted. Tottenham won 1-0 *grumbles*

Posted by illogicist at 10:10 AM

4 Comments

  1. Blogger Lym posted at 4/30/2006 01:14:00 PM  
    That's a very interesting day spent. And a cute story :p

    I guess now you will be attending more khutbat?
  2. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 4/30/2006 01:54:00 PM  
    Oh...wow, I can practically see the picture you described. Sub7an Allah.

    And you're being such a good guy I'm SO proud of you :)

    Adieu

    P.s. Your post made my day I swear...
  3. Blogger illogicist posted at 4/30/2006 05:40:00 PM  
    @LYM: dont count on it :p

    @'anon': hehe glad to hear it made your day! My next post (after the 200 anniversary one, above) will need to be about something dark and evil just to make up for this one...it can be done. Im quite good at all that, as you well know. ;)
  4. Blogger Samyah posted at 4/30/2006 10:21:00 PM  
    Yeah the tree post was dark and evil indeed...

    I read this post last night, it was a nice little story. I wonder why these things never happen to me? lol

Post a Comment

« Home

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Just another blogger, interested in everything, committed to nothing.



Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

  • Samyah
  • Leen
  • Muscati & Wife
  • A Woman In Black
  • Lym
  • Tia
  • Libellula
  • Soul Rebel
  • Fatamo
  • Noora
  • Kay
  • PizzaQueen
  • --------------------------
  • Blogarama
  • iopBlogs.com, The World's Blog Aggregator
  • Academics Blog Top Sites
  • Blog Flux Directory
  • Blog Directory - Add Link
  • Blog Directory - Add Link

    Locations of visitors to this page