Thursday, April 20, 2006

Hello Panama!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

NP - James LaBrie - Alone

I have a visitor from Panama! Had, more correctly, and they clearly weren't interested in my blog, because it seems they never came back. Anyway, I have a minor fascination with Panama! Ever since I read "Confessions of an Economic Hitman" by John Perkins and the role Gen. Omar Torrijos had with the whole Panama Canal affair. I found it extremely interesting how Panama was actually created because of US business interests in the region (Panama was originally part of Colombia).
Right now I'm reading Graham Greene's "Getting to Know the General: The Story of an Involvement", which is essentially a memoir of this author's time with Omar Torrijos. Im a little let down thus far with this book - most of the book talks about his travels in Panama, which is great, but thus far he's done little talking with the General. The character of Omar Torrijos is not being developed really. Im more than halfway through, so I hope it picks up soon.

But yeah, Panama! A history (perhaps a bland, unexciting, "official" history) is available at Wikipedia, for anyone interested: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panama

Posted by illogicist at 9:48 AM

6 Comments

  1. Blogger Luisa posted at 4/21/2006 08:57:00 PM  
    I had a South American
    prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
  2. Blogger Trevelyana posted at 4/22/2006 06:27:00 PM  
    latin boys are hot.

    That's the only thing that came to mind when I read the title.

    Yes. I'm vain. I got to the meetings.
  3. Blogger Luisa posted at 4/22/2006 09:00:00 PM  
    Well not really
    I prefer the Arab type
  4. Blogger illogicist posted at 4/23/2006 02:43:00 AM  
    South American girls are hotter, but I wasnt really talking about hotness in this post...

    I was just saying hello to whoever here is from Panama :p
  5. Blogger Luisa posted at 4/23/2006 04:13:00 PM  
    shut up
    no they're not
  6. Blogger Veronica Cash posted at 3/08/2007 09:58:00 AM  
    Hello illogicist, from Panama. I'm thrilled to see you are interested in Panama.

Post a Comment

« Home

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Just another blogger, interested in everything, committed to nothing.



Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

  • Samyah
  • Leen
  • Muscati & Wife
  • A Woman In Black
  • Lym
  • Tia
  • Libellula
  • Soul Rebel
  • Fatamo
  • Noora
  • Kay
  • PizzaQueen
  • --------------------------
  • Blogarama
  • iopBlogs.com, The World's Blog Aggregator
  • Academics Blog Top Sites
  • Blog Flux Directory
  • Blog Directory - Add Link
  • Blog Directory - Add Link

    Locations of visitors to this page