Friday, May 26, 2006

Last Day

Today is the last day of the last week of the last semester of the year (alas, its not my last) ... even though I didnt have any lectures this week (well, one), I still feel a blog post is in order. I would make it one of those nauseatingly nostalgic posts we all love to read, but theres two things stopping me:

1) Im in the library; I barely have time to blog at home because Im barely at home these days
2) I dont feel particularly nostalgic

Yep, this year, as the last, hasn't warranted special mention if my book of good times. Its been... interesting, I suppose. Not fun though, not one of those years where you go, wow, Ill remember this the rest of my life.

I did math today. I havent done math in a year, and today I find out I need to be able to do a certain amount of math if I want to pass one of my exams...so maths it is! And I'm loving it. Theres something about math, I can just turn off and let some curiously hungry part of my brain do all the work. My hand doesnt stop moving for hours as Im just scrawling equations and numbers and diagrams across page. Its almost a waste to think that all that hard work is going to go in the bin as soon as my hand stops moving.

But its fun, maths is. I had forgotten why I enjoyed it so much. I purposely picked my modules so that I'd have to do as little math as possible, but Im glad this modicum of arithmetic has crept in.

Sometimes I wonder how sad I really am...it all comes out in exam times. I mean here I am, blogging about my secret love affair with mathematics. *sigh* Run, dear reader, before I infect you too.

Posted by illogicist at 5:47 AM

3 Comments

  1. Blogger Samyah posted at 5/27/2006 08:10:00 PM  
    Why did you avoid classes with math if you like it so much and are good at it?
  2. Blogger illogicist posted at 5/27/2006 11:34:00 PM  
    excellent question...math is tough, in that its hard to get into. Because the concepts and stuff, theyre all abstract, numbers, etc. Methods and all that are difficult to understand, more difficult than say history or purely qualitative stuff.

    But when you get into it, its methodical, mechanical, and fun :D
  3. Blogger Lym posted at 5/29/2006 01:28:00 AM  
    I love Math and sciences. It amazes me that I majored in an Art related field.

Post a Comment

« Home

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Just another blogger, interested in everything, committed to nothing.



Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

  • Samyah
  • Leen
  • Muscati & Wife
  • A Woman In Black
  • Lym
  • Tia
  • Libellula
  • Soul Rebel
  • Fatamo
  • Noora
  • Kay
  • PizzaQueen
  • --------------------------
  • Blogarama
  • iopBlogs.com, The World's Blog Aggregator
  • Academics Blog Top Sites
  • Blog Flux Directory
  • Blog Directory - Add Link
  • Blog Directory - Add Link

    Locations of visitors to this page