Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Dairy Queen

I went to DQ in Jawaharat Al-Shatti yesterday. I have to rant about this - they suck. First, they're overpriced. Now thats fine, as long as the food is anything special. But they made us wait about half an hour for the food (fast food??), and when it came, the burgers were tiny, and didnt taste anything special. Nothing on the burger except a small piece of lettuce. No sauce, nothing. My bro ordered a hotdog and because they were 'out of chilli' there was nothing on it. Food was crap too. Now I know DQ is all about ice creams and what not, but still, you expect a certain level of quality, really. Shameful.

You know what else sucks. The service at the electronics counters at Carrefour. I had to go shopping last week for some groceries, and I wanted to check out the webcams. I swear, it probably took me longer just to get my hands on the webcam i wanted than to do all of the other groceries combined. I dont get why they have to have the webcams behind some glass counter which only one person in the entire store has the key to. And that one person is nowhere to be found. Seriously, whats the point?? And this one person doesnt even know the difference between the different webcams.

"So, why is this one more expensive?"
"This one is Creative, this one is Samsung."
"Ok...so its just the brand?"
"Yes."
"But why does this one say it has a microphone and this one doesnt?"
"This one has microphone and this one doesnt."
"Ok...thats what I...nevermind. So thats why this one is more expensive?"
"Yes."
"But the cheaper one has a microphone, the more expensive one doesnt."
"Yes, this is Creative, this is Samsung."
"*sigh* ok, I'll take the one with the microphone."

Like that. Really, seriously, I mean. Oh, it reminds me of FIFAs new policy for hiring referees for the World Cup 2006. Apparently some equal opportunities bull means that they have to hire retarded and blind people to be referees. Which is why the refereeing has been so atrocious. I seriously seriously wouldnt be surprised if this is true. I could never be a professional footballer - nevermind I dont have the skills, if I did, I'd never be able to hold my temper. Id be constantly attacking referees.

*sigh*

I've decided I dont want children. Ive realised that they're fun in short bursts. Say, an hour, two tops. After that, they can go back to their parents for cleaning, feeding, butt-wiping, whatever they need. I dont think I could live with children for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, until the day I die. No way, no chance. Never. Although I think its different when the kids are yours. I wouldnt know, but I figure if the kids are yours, you tolerate them, even though they make your life hell. Like a bad relationship I guess - you suffer day and night, but you never let go. Ahh, kids are like a bad relationship. What a rosy future I paint for myself.

Posted by illogicist at 1:56 AM

2 Comments

  1. Blogger Samyah posted at 7/05/2006 08:51:00 PM  
    lol the convo with the carrefour person cracked me up!

    Kids aren't so bad you know.. you probably just havent been around them a lot. I'm used to my four little brothers and yeah they do get on my nerves and I do want to run screaming from them or lock myself up in a closed quiet room for a few hours at times but it isn't so bad :p Even if they are your own you will get frusterated and need some time out sometimes... so Z if your wife ever needs a break you be sure and give it to her!!
  2. Blogger illogicist posted at 7/08/2006 02:11:00 AM  
    Yeah, I just have to get used to it I guess. I dont want to, but I dont have much choice for now. If my wife ever needs a break...well :p I guess there is a lesson in all of this after all, lol

    One thing. WHY WHY WHY cant we watch children cry?! We HAVE to get em to stop crying, its like we cant even control it - our bodies take over as soon as we see their faces start to twist! Urgh...

Post a Comment

« Home

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Just another blogger, interested in everything, committed to nothing.



Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

  • Samyah
  • Leen
  • Muscati & Wife
  • A Woman In Black
  • Lym
  • Tia
  • Libellula
  • Soul Rebel
  • Fatamo
  • Noora
  • Kay
  • PizzaQueen
  • --------------------------
  • Blogarama
  • iopBlogs.com, The World's Blog Aggregator
  • Academics Blog Top Sites
  • Blog Flux Directory
  • Blog Directory - Add Link
  • Blog Directory - Add Link

    Locations of visitors to this page