Monday, January 09, 2006

Europe at 38000 Feet

At the time of writing, I am 38000 feet above Bonn, Germany. Its about 11:30pm Oman time (I would usually be online at this time), and I feel compelled to pull out my laptop and type up this post.

I've been blessed with a window seat, and a fantastic view of the city below. All the cities we've passed over, in fact: it seems theres not a cloud over Europe tonight. Since passing over Turkey, and moving over Prague, Budapest, Frankfurt, Bonn and soon Aachen among others, not a single cloud has obstructed my view of the lights of the cities below. Brussels was particularly amazing, sprawling for miles in all directions. It really is something spectacular.

However, I wish I could say the entire flight was this good. To start with, the seat I'm in is broken: it doesnt go back, and the footrest doesnt go down. Only one of the earphones works (well, I got it replaced) and one of the bathrooms is out of order. All this I can live with: what I cant live with is the abhorrently bad service and the spectacular mess that was made with the entire booking and confirmation system.

Update: Leaving mainland Europe and getting into the UK, my view was immediately obstructed by clouds, clouds and more clouds. At times I couldnt even see the airplane's wing. I suppose thats typical of the UK! :)

Posted by illogicist at 1:54 PM

4 Comments

  1. Blogger NiGhTFaCe posted at 1/09/2006 03:21:00 PM  
    At the end, good that you had some nice views :p
  2. Blogger Luisa posted at 1/09/2006 07:51:00 PM  
    peepeee why did you leave me alone
  3. Blogger Ali posted at 1/10/2006 05:09:00 AM  
    Dude what airline was that?
    I can't imagine being unable to pull back my seat for a 7 hours flight.. sheesh
  4. Blogger illogicist posted at 1/11/2006 02:42:00 PM  
    NF: ur always the optimist! :p

    Azx: to be honest I'd rather not reveal the name of the airline :p call it courtesy to them, I guess.

    AWIB: I know when to check your blog these days - everytime I find a comment on my blog, it means you've updated! :p I seriously cant IMAGINE sitting in the middle for 8 hours like that, especially without the armrests...I'm the kind of guy who likes to get up, stretch my legs, look around at other ppl at the plane, go to the bathroom every now and then...must have been torture :s You just reminded me, when I wanted to watch the movies on the place (In Her Shoes and something to do with Heaven...the one with the girl who 'dies' but stays in her apartment as a ghost), I had to put my head at this weird angle cause the person in front of me had their seat back and I couldnt do anything about mine!

Post a Comment

« Home

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Just another blogger, interested in everything, committed to nothing.



Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

  • Samyah
  • Leen
  • Muscati & Wife
  • A Woman In Black
  • Lym
  • Tia
  • Libellula
  • Soul Rebel
  • Fatamo
  • Noora
  • Kay
  • PizzaQueen
  • --------------------------
  • Blogarama
  • iopBlogs.com, The World's Blog Aggregator
  • Academics Blog Top Sites
  • Blog Flux Directory
  • Blog Directory - Add Link
  • Blog Directory - Add Link

    Locations of visitors to this page