Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Post 100

Well, this is my 100th post on this blog. So mabrook to me :)

Ill start with a couple of observations. It rained today. Have you ever looked up while its raining quite lightly, just looked up and saw the rain falling down? It has to be quite a light rain, or you'll hurt yourself. But its pretty cool...its like spears falling down, you catch them as the light passes through them, just for a second, and then theyre gone. Its pretty interesting. Also, ever noticed how, when its raining heavily, it barely rains under trees, but after it stops raining, its still raining under the trees for quite a while? Simple explanation of course, but its quite poetic :)

The second observation is this: I swear to God, I cannot remember the last time I drank water. I kid you not; all I drink these days is orange juice (carton as well as freshly squeezed), milk (lots of it), and every now and then some crazy polish fizzy drink that looks and tastes like cough medicine (dont ask, we get it for free). Water? I dunno if i've drunk water since I got back to the UK...maybe once or twice...

On to the events of the day. We had this 'One Day National Fast' thing at my uni here. Basically we invited people to fast the day, and to have a great big iftar afterwards. It was primarily aimed at non-muslims, to try to get them to experience fasting. Tickets were sold for iftar, which were to raise money for the Pakistan Earthquake Appeal. It was a sellout - we sold all the tickets and some, raised tons from sponsorship and donations, and just had a blast. I think everyone enjoyed it, many of the non-muslims were saying how they dont know how we do this for 30 consecutive days. Overall very positive, a good day for all. We probably raised up to 5000 pounds, so thats not bad considering there was only about 8-10 people mainly involved with everything.

Yeah, not a bad day on the whole.

Posted by illogicist at 1:46 PM

3 Comments

  1. Blogger NiGhTFaCe posted at 10/19/2005 03:10:00 PM  
    You should see the raining cloud when it moves very fast, that is something!


    I think I didnt drink water yesterday or the day before!
  2. Blogger Lym posted at 10/19/2005 08:35:00 PM  
    Orange juice makes me thirsty quickly, thats why I can't drink it for su7oor. Three glasses of water works wonders :p

    Congratulation on your fund-raising :)
  3. Blogger illogicist posted at 10/20/2005 01:55:00 AM  
    @nightface: they tell me that u ought to drink water, even if the substitute is something healthy like milk, you need the water. So I dunno

    LYM: I never knew that, but come to think of it, you're probably right! I used to squeeze fresh juice at like 2am, but it didnt really keep me from being thirsty (although to be honest you dont sweat much here, but still it wasnt the best thing I find). These days its usually milk complemented by a big fat mars bar...I used to not eat chocolate, now I cant go without a mars bar a day! :s

Post a Comment

« Home

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Just another blogger, interested in everything, committed to nothing.



Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

  • Samyah
  • Leen
  • Muscati & Wife
  • A Woman In Black
  • Lym
  • Tia
  • Libellula
  • Soul Rebel
  • Fatamo
  • Noora
  • Kay
  • PizzaQueen
  • --------------------------
  • Blogarama
  • iopBlogs.com, The World's Blog Aggregator
  • Academics Blog Top Sites
  • Blog Flux Directory
  • Blog Directory - Add Link
  • Blog Directory - Add Link

    Locations of visitors to this page