Thursday, September 22, 2005

More Goodbyes

NP - Sigur Ros - Se Lest

Well, I did my last round of goodbyes today (I think its the last round anyway). Went to Jeans Grill for breakfast, as per tradition, with a couple of the guys, had a good meal. There was beef-bacon, the pancakes were good, the lentil soup was better than its been for a while, and the pineapple juice was good as usual. I love Jeans Grill - its a good place, and its got good prices. The tradition I mentioned is that, during my school years, we used to go every thursday, when we could, for breakfast. Last year I was at uni, and so we would go when I was around. We went a few times this summer, but it seems we've drifted apart, and we're always busy. That happens with friendships - you get close, have some good times together, and gradually drift apart. Its sad, but it happens in virtually every aspect of life, and you just need to accept it.

After that went to Darcy's Kitchen and met up with a friend whos much closer to me than the other guys. We spent about an hour there, just catching up and talking about the future and stuff, you know, the usual. I've never been to Darcy's Kitchen before, and its actually a pleasant suprise. The layout and atmosphere and that reminds me more of the European cafes than the stuff you get here. All very casual, you dont feel awkward sitting there or anything. And the prices are good too. Had a chocolate milkshake, it was good. The only thing is those menus are like bricks. I dont know why they decided to make the menus ridiculously heavy and uninviting, but there you go. Oh well.

I leave on monday, and I dont really plan to leave the house to meet anyone from now until then. There was supposed to be a Sabla meet, but theres no chance of me going now. I was hoping it would be tonight, but its too late for that. Oh well, no big deal. There are certain things about being anonymous which I quite like :p

Posted by illogicist at 2:36 AM

2 Comments

  1. Blogger NiGhTFaCe posted at 9/22/2005 08:41:00 PM  
    I really wanted to meet you in this Sabla gathering. But, it seems I am unlucky! :(

    Good luck :)
  2. Blogger illogicist posted at 9/23/2005 12:11:00 AM  
    Thanks Nightface :) Yeah it was one I was looking forward to, since many of the people on the list dont usually go to the Sabla meets. Ive only been to one, and I had a good time. I talked to Desert Destroyer about maybe making it before the 26th, he said it was possible, but right now I dont think its likely. Well! Maybe in winter :)

Post a Comment

« Home

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Just another blogger, interested in everything, committed to nothing.



Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

  • Samyah
  • Leen
  • Muscati & Wife
  • A Woman In Black
  • Lym
  • Tia
  • Libellula
  • Soul Rebel
  • Fatamo
  • Noora
  • Kay
  • PizzaQueen
  • --------------------------
  • Blogarama
  • iopBlogs.com, The World's Blog Aggregator
  • Academics Blog Top Sites
  • Blog Flux Directory
  • Blog Directory - Add Link
  • Blog Directory - Add Link

    Locations of visitors to this page