Sunday, July 03, 2005

Tagged!

How many books do you own?

I'm lucky in that recently I didnt need to buy books. I just borrowed from my bro and sis, who are big bookworms themselves. Only when I left the house was I forced to buy my own. How many? I dont know, I buy books when I can afford to. Including textbooks...thats a different story :p

Whats the last book you bought?

Last book I bought was 'A Hat Full Of Sky', by Terry Pratchett.

Whats the last book you read?

'Shadow Of The Wind', by Carlos Ruiz Zafon

Currently reading?

I prefer to read one book at a time. Currently reading 'A Hat Full Of Sky', by Terry Pratchett.

A book you've been reading for a long time but never got around to finishing?

I dont remember the name or the author. It was massive, massive, and talked about the creation of the modern middle east, and events that lead to it from world war one. It was interesting, but too much information for casual reading. I got about halfway through (500 or 600 pages in maybe), but stopped. Gave the book back to its owner.

What 5 books have meant the most to you?

- Lord Of The Rings by J.R.R Tolkien
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
- The Fifth Mountain by Paulo Coelho
- The Coldfire Trilogy by C.S. Friedman
- Book Of The New Sun by Gene Wolfe

Ok thats 12 books, but doesnt matter. Looking back, its funny that I hardly read fantasy anymore, and yet 3 of 5 can be considered fantasy...just goes to show that the stereotypical view of fantasy as simple swords and sourcery are very often wrong.

Who would you like to book tag?

Hmm...I dunno. Everyone's already tagged. So if you're reading this, tag: you're it :)

And leave a comment leading to your blog so we can read your replies!

Posted by illogicist at 7:36 AM

2 Comments

  1. Blogger NiGhTFaCe posted at 7/05/2005 02:43:00 PM  
    I got tagged already! :S


    So, guess you moved with the wave! :p
  2. Blogger Mammabird posted at 7/19/2005 12:33:00 PM  
    Looks like I got tagged.....

Post a Comment

« Home

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Just another blogger, interested in everything, committed to nothing.



Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

  • Samyah
  • Leen
  • Muscati & Wife
  • A Woman In Black
  • Lym
  • Tia
  • Libellula
  • Soul Rebel
  • Fatamo
  • Noora
  • Kay
  • PizzaQueen
  • --------------------------
  • Blogarama
  • iopBlogs.com, The World's Blog Aggregator
  • Academics Blog Top Sites
  • Blog Flux Directory
  • Blog Directory - Add Link
  • Blog Directory - Add Link

    Locations of visitors to this page