Saturday, September 02, 2006

NP - Guns N Roses - November Rain

I have about 10 days left in Oman, its strange how quick the summer passes. I mean, you work your ass off for months at uni with barely time to breathe, and you look forward to those summer months to catch your breath, and theyre over all too soon. And the strange thing is, while you still haven't quite caught your breath yet, you're still looking forward to going back.

I'm looking forward, for sure. And most people I've talked to who are in my situation are looking forward to as well. Oman is the most awesome place in the world, but inactivity leads to boredom, and boredom leads to frustration. I tried to make use of my time, but its not always possible. And sometimes this place gets to you. So yeah, just over a week left. Too bad, everything is so cheap here. I can go out to dinner, go the movies without feeling that twinge of guilt that comes with spending too much money. God, movies are so expensive in the UK, and the popcorn :s popcorn and snacks can cost more than the movie itself...

Oh speaking of movies, I watched Click a few days ago. Expected it to be okay, typical Adam Sandler thing, but it was actually a lot better than I thought. Probably the best movie I've seen since V for Vendetta. I liked the message, it was good, and well done. Oh, and it was funny. But it could have been better if there was less of the needless dirty humour - its an Adam Sandler movie, so I expect some, and I can laugh at some, but when its too much its hard to take the movie seriously.

I'm listening to some of the clips that are leaking on the net from 'Chinese Democracy', the new Guns N Roses album (whens the release date??), and some of them are pretty cool. Im not a big Guns N Roses fan, but they have a few awesome songs (November Rain, Paradise City, Sweet Child O' Mine!), and theres one clip from the new album which sounds particularly awesome, its called 'Better', so I'm looking forward to that.

What else...anyone interested in the football? With the transfer deadline came a few shocks, the biggest of which would be Carlitos 'Apache' Tevez and Mascherano going to West Ham...whats up with that?! I still believe its an MSI/Abramovich plot to get them to Chelsea in 07. In other news, Gallas goes to Arsenal along with 5 million pounds, in exchange for Ashley Cole to Chelsea. People are saying Arsenal were ripped off, and maybe they were. But Cole was never happy, and maybe Gallas can provide is with some experience that we desperately need with the departure of Campbell to Portsmouth. People have faith in Clichy as left-back. I dont know much about him, I hope he can do it. Reyes to Real Madrid...I never liked Reyes, and I dont like Baptista. But maybe Baptista can bring us some power and muscle in the middle, and if thats the case then its worth it. I still hope we can get Ribery next season from Marsielle - that should've happened. Seriously.

Posted by illogicist at 4:27 AM

4 Comments

  1. Blogger Snooky posted at 9/03/2006 02:47:00 AM  
    Yea seriously, the leaked song you mentioned is pretty good.

    Many told me Click sucked because of extreme stupidity,ut eversince Big Daddy, Sandlers movies are a must. Hopefully watching it these two days.
  2. Blogger illogicist posted at 9/03/2006 03:04:00 AM  
    Click was very sentimental, and a lot of guys cant really handle that because they see it as an assault on their manhood :p I think it was good.

    Hey, if you know when the proper album leaks (or even the official release date), lemme know ok?
  3. Blogger Arabian Princess posted at 9/03/2006 07:12:00 AM  
    I cried at the end of click :p

    I think its a nice movie .. not the best .. but a good watch
  4. Blogger Snooky posted at 9/04/2006 03:11:00 AM  
    Just check torrent sites every while. =P

Post a Comment

« Home

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Just another blogger, interested in everything, committed to nothing.



Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

  • Samyah
  • Leen
  • Muscati & Wife
  • A Woman In Black
  • Lym
  • Tia
  • Libellula
  • Soul Rebel
  • Fatamo
  • Noora
  • Kay
  • PizzaQueen
  • --------------------------
  • Blogarama
  • iopBlogs.com, The World's Blog Aggregator
  • Academics Blog Top Sites
  • Blog Flux Directory
  • Blog Directory - Add Link
  • Blog Directory - Add Link

    Locations of visitors to this page