Monday, August 14, 2006

Shaken

Im a little shaken, in the last 2 or 3 days I've had 2 incidents where I've come THIS close to having a car accident. The first one would have been messy, but not dangerous, but the 2nd could easily have been fatal. And they were both my fault, mostly. I dunno what it is, lack of concentration? Yesterday I was tired, and I misjudged which way the car was going - it looked like he was turning off, when in fact he was coming straight on. It was pretty close, and left my heart in my throat for a while. The one before was kinda his fault as well.

Anyway. Am I the only one who's noticed an increase in the number of police cars on the road? Police in Oman are generally invisible - you know they're there, but you dont often see em. But this last week or two weeks I've seen so many police cars, people being pulled over, etc. I drove to the vet this morning for my cat, and just on the way I saw 3 or 4 police vehicles. Maybe its just me, but I'm wondering what this build up is about. Is it because of the tense political situation right now, with Lebanon? I had a little run-in with the police last week because of that. Its very strange.

Posted by illogicist at 12:53 AM

5 Comments

  1. Blogger Luisa posted at 8/14/2006 01:22:00 AM  
    They're checking all expats door to door cause of something happened in Dhofar few months ago and involving big people.
    Order is to kick out all those without visa and is coming from high.
    Out of curiosity, did you have accident Friday night with a 4wheels ?
  2. Blogger illogicist posted at 8/14/2006 04:55:00 AM  
    @PQ: thats interesting. It'd be a pretty big job though, to stop every car with expat drivers... (ive only seen them on the roads).

    Accident? Nope...I dont think I drove at all on friday actually. But no accident, no...why? Did you see me? Oh, this reminds me of an accident I saw in Mutrah last week (after it happened ya3ni), some guy hit the barrer on the corniche and *apparently* his car door flew open and he flew into the sea...no idea if thats true.

    @CR: i want to :p I keep saying that, but I dunno, timing is difficult.
  3. Blogger Samyah posted at 8/14/2006 07:02:00 AM  
    Z you'd better start driving more carefully :os
  4. Blogger Luisa posted at 8/14/2006 10:55:00 AM  
    Yeps we expats are all criminals and you angels, good that they are ...
    if you dnt want to be stopped you must wait after 1am, they're usually tired, dnt even stop drunk ppl and how to blame since their salaries sAx
    or maybe H.M. going somewhere, they keep many cars on the way when he moves, he is still in town before his annual tour
  5. Blogger illogicist posted at 8/14/2006 11:49:00 PM  
    @PQ: I dont wear dishdasha, so I'm probably just as likely as anyone else to be stopped in that case.

    Sam, I'm a good driver :o I swear I am. I'm always careful and dont drive too fast and blah blah blah. These things just happen :p

Post a Comment

« Home

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Just another blogger, interested in everything, committed to nothing.



Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

  • Samyah
  • Leen
  • Muscati & Wife
  • A Woman In Black
  • Lym
  • Tia
  • Libellula
  • Soul Rebel
  • Fatamo
  • Noora
  • Kay
  • PizzaQueen
  • --------------------------
  • Blogarama
  • iopBlogs.com, The World's Blog Aggregator
  • Academics Blog Top Sites
  • Blog Flux Directory
  • Blog Directory - Add Link
  • Blog Directory - Add Link

    Locations of visitors to this page