Friday, August 17, 2007

Books and Books

Now playing: Jack Johnson - Good People

I'm reading a book.

Don't blame me, its just something I do nowadays. Anyway, its a pretty good book, fun to read, etc. Its entertaining. I've never thought about it before, but books are just like movies. You have books, and you have books. You get your run-of-the-mill, book that tells a story, which can be entertaining, make you laugh, make you sad maybe, and probably have one or two little lessons to be learnt at the end of it. And then you have other books, where the actual story is secondary to the the book's very presence. There are movies like that too. People will disagree about what movies they may be, but I'd volunteer names like The Shawshank Redemption, Crash, American Beauty (Babel tried, but didn't do it for me). These movies/books just have their own power, and are in a completely different class. Sometimes I'm a little anal about this kind of thing, but I guess that there are different books to fulfill different desires, and its okay to enjoy both the profound type which leaves a lasting effect, and the other kind which brightens your day a little.


Posted by illogicist at 1:29 AM

4 Comments

  1. Blogger Luisa posted at 8/17/2007 06:04:00 AM  
    If you thinking of suicide, I suggest Everyman Philip Roth
  2. Blogger illogicist posted at 8/17/2007 06:57:00 AM  
    ill keep it in mind. Will it make me want to commit suicide? Would it make a good gift for my enemies, I mean friends?
  3. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 10/15/2007 09:28:00 AM  
    Crash is indeed one of the best movies I ever seen and I bet the book it self is a great read!

    I enjoyed reading few entries ^_^
  4. Blogger Trevelyana posted at 12/25/2007 04:57:00 PM  
    I think you should revive this baby

Post a Comment

« Home

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Just another blogger, interested in everything, committed to nothing.



Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

  • Samyah
  • Leen
  • Muscati & Wife
  • A Woman In Black
  • Lym
  • Tia
  • Libellula
  • Soul Rebel
  • Fatamo
  • Noora
  • Kay
  • PizzaQueen
  • --------------------------
  • Blogarama
  • iopBlogs.com, The World's Blog Aggregator
  • Academics Blog Top Sites
  • Blog Flux Directory
  • Blog Directory - Add Link
  • Blog Directory - Add Link

    Locations of visitors to this page