Saturday, November 19, 2005

Bleach

NP - Guns N' Roses - Welcome To The Jungle

I cleaned the bathroom today. I had to use some bleach on stuff, and the smell of that bleach, my God, it brought back memories. Memories of when I was eight till about twelve maybe. Every friday my dad used to take me and my brother swimming at the staff club where he works. When I smelt that bleach, it was exactly the same smell of that pool...which is a scary thought really, since bleach isnt exactly skin-friendly, but they were friendly memories. I remember one of my dad's friends used to come on some fridays and bring his two sons with him. One of them got a scholarship this year to study medicine in the US, which is quite a shock, since I always remember him as being that skinny kid, even when he outgrew me.

But yeah, the memories of those place are really great. One thing I loved was the pepper steak the restaurant there used to take. I swear it took at least 40 minutes for those guys to actually get the thing to you, but it was delicious. Another of my memories is divebombing into the pool when I was younger...I loved that. Also, sometimes we used to get a bodyboard, and someone would pull the board from outside all around the edge of the pool, with someone on it. Also I remember my dad telling me to try to practice swimming laps in the pool instead of just splashing about. I never did. Oh another thing I remember :D this one is great, when there were four of us, we'd get into two teams, one person gets on the shoulders of the other, and we try to make the other team fall over. The team with my brother on it always won... (funny, I actually played that game 2 years back, except instead of always being the guy on top this time I was supporting someone else's weight...how things change).

Oops, gotta go, housemates are back and the kitchen isnt fully clean yet!

Posted by illogicist at 9:58 AM

4 Comments

  1. Blogger Kay posted at 11/19/2005 11:59:00 AM  
    ur sense of smell is the sense with the strongest memory. anything u smell can trigger a memory. a blessing or curse sometimes
  2. Blogger illogicist posted at 11/19/2005 12:10:00 PM  
    in this case I think a blessing...although it makes me nostalgic, which kinda sucks. The last thing I need right now is to feel nostalgic.
  3. Blogger Lym posted at 11/22/2005 04:20:00 AM  
    The game you play where you are on top of someone and you fight , we call it the chicken fight :D
  4. Blogger illogicist posted at 11/22/2005 10:14:00 AM  
    chicken fight eh? Sounds better than water wrestling! (what we used to call it)

    You have to admit though..its fun, isnt it? :p

Post a Comment

« Home

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Just another blogger, interested in everything, committed to nothing.



Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

  • Samyah
  • Leen
  • Muscati & Wife
  • A Woman In Black
  • Lym
  • Tia
  • Libellula
  • Soul Rebel
  • Fatamo
  • Noora
  • Kay
  • PizzaQueen
  • --------------------------
  • Blogarama
  • iopBlogs.com, The World's Blog Aggregator
  • Academics Blog Top Sites
  • Blog Flux Directory
  • Blog Directory - Add Link
  • Blog Directory - Add Link

    Locations of visitors to this page