Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Today

Well, its been a while since I've done this, but heres a post entirely about what I did today. With pictures.

My cousins from London were in Dubai, so they came down for the day. We had a pretty good time, watched the sunset from Shari3 7ub, then went on to Mutrah Souq. Saw a lot of cool stuff there, a lot of which I'll post pictures of. Spent a few hours just browsing and haggling with salesman, etc. Got 2 old old coins, one 18th century and one 19th century, which is pretty cool. Then we went to Kargeen, I had this Steak De Paris or something, which was pretty good, but AS USUAL they forgot something from what we ordered - and this time it was my steak.

Ok pictures:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Hmm..this is old. Ok this was in Abu Dhabi, the IKEA there had this, and I swear I cracked up when I saw it. I wonder if anyone decided it was funny to take a crap in the fake ikea toilet, because when i lifted the cover ther was a plastic thing blocking the hole saying the same thing.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Pizza Hut, Al Ain. Also last weekend (with Abu Dhabi). Plate of french fries, how unappetising...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I saw this Camera at Carrefour here. It said 9.9 megapixels...and look at the price. 60 rials. You gotta be kidding me. I asked to pick it up, and I swear, it felt like plastic. I asked if it was real or a display model (like the phones). The lady started laughing and told me it wasnt really 9.9 MP, it was 3.0, but 'could display on the screen up to 9.9 MP resolution. Umm...okay.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Pizza Hut, Al Ain. On one of the side doors, which was locked. I cracked up at this too. I tend to get excited at bad english...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

A (very) skinny chicken in Al Ain..

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Aha this is from today. Thats the Mona Lisa on the coin. On the other side it had Leonardo DaVinci. It looked old, but my sister thought it was fake, so I didnt buy it. I need to do some research on the authenticity of it.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

This is a ring I saw at the Mutrah Souq. I swear I would have bought it, except that it was 25 rials. Its so awesome! :D

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The front of that Leo Da Vinci coin. Its a little blurry. Any info anyone can provide would be much appreciated.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

This is that fort, as u walk left from the Mutrah Souq towards that little roundabout, then Riyam. Its awesome.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Here the fort is glowing. It may be blurry, but the nightvision on my camera is awesome.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

A view of the corniche, not very good.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Was in the video shop in MQ, saw this pic, and I SWEAR, its the EXACT IMAGE of my old headmaster, Mister Sumrain!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

While at Kargeen, my cousin ordered a banana milkshake. It was cool that they actually had the top of a banana on the glass.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Umm...a fork. It just looked...nice?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

This was AWESOME. I just wish that Pajero was an Escalade or something, the size difference would have been more noticeable. This was tonight outside MQ, parking lot.


Aha, some pics from Jabal Akhdar, finally. Heres a few, I took myself. These are downsized, if anyone wants the fullsize of these, contact me.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Last few images, practice calligraphy, from a guy at the Mutrah Souq. Really cool stuff, he did all our names as well. He gave us one of his old practice sheets. Check it out.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

...and thats that. Phew! Never again!

Posted by illogicist at 1:00 PM

2 Comments

  1. Blogger NiGhTFaCe posted at 8/11/2005 05:12:00 AM  
    About the door in Al Ain, I guess that is a bad Arabic actually! Then the translation is misplaced!

    Ohh, look at the old Mini :D



    Its really a big problem when someone gets a camera, he will take shots of everything :p
  2. Blogger Samyah posted at 8/14/2005 02:57:00 AM  
    The pictures of Jabal Akhdar are gorgeous, I made use of one as my desktop.

    Z, now you've got me wanting to visit Mutrah suq. I've been wanting to go for months, just to take pictures!

    PS. nice hands ;)

Post a Comment

« Home

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Just another blogger, interested in everything, committed to nothing.



Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

  • Samyah
  • Leen
  • Muscati & Wife
  • A Woman In Black
  • Lym
  • Tia
  • Libellula
  • Soul Rebel
  • Fatamo
  • Noora
  • Kay
  • PizzaQueen
  • --------------------------
  • Blogarama
  • iopBlogs.com, The World's Blog Aggregator
  • Academics Blog Top Sites
  • Blog Flux Directory
  • Blog Directory - Add Link
  • Blog Directory - Add Link

    Locations of visitors to this page